We’ve briefly mentioned this event in a long list of activities occurring through the month of October. But the 26th Annual Sea Witch Festival deserves an entire blog dedicated to sharing information about this excited and jam packed event! Let’s just put it this way… We read the program for this festival, and it was 50+ pages in length. There is definitely something to do for everyone in the family! This three day long event lasts from October 23rd through the 25th in Rehoboth. There is everything from a 5K run to a costume parade and more. Here are a few highlights that caught our eye over the span of the upcoming weekend!
- 9am and 11am – Jolly Trolley Magical History Tours. $10 cash/per tour of downtown historic sites of Rehoboth. Meet at The Anna Hazzard Tent House at 17 Christian Street.
- TYKE BIKE on the boardwalk. Kids under 8 years old can register for free at 3pm by the bandstand, to start riding their bikes down the boardwalk at 3:30pm.
- Family fun at the Sussex Co. YMCA. Food trucks, face painting, games and a movie night. All corralled in one center, so you can unload everyone and walk around from 5:30-9:30pm.
- 8am-2pm, Webfooters 5K or 10K walk. Some run in actual costumes and prizes are given for the best outfits as well as the best times.
- 10am Costume Parade in Rehoboth. This will include both walkers and motorized pre-registered vehicles with fun and festive floats!
- 10am-4pm, Pony Rides on the beach, starting at Wilmington Ave.
- 2pm on the Beach – Old fashioned games scattered throughout for children. Including: Broom Toss, Hula Twist Off Competition, Pumpkin Seed Spitting Contest, Pumpkin dash and more. No fee.
- 12-5pm – Hayrides through Rehoboth. Tickets sold at the Visitors Center in Grove Park.
- 12-5pm – Monster Art at the Grove Park. No fee. Paintings sent oversees to serving military.
- 3pm – Best Costumed Dog Parade. Dress your furry friend up and show him off at this fun parade. $5 registration fee. Winners announced at 4:30pm.
See a full detailed list of events, pricing and times by clicking here. No matter what your interests, or as my grandpa would say, “Whatever floats your boat,” you are sure to find a game, show or activity that makes you smile this weekend in Rehoboth. While so many people might mistake Rehoboth as a beach town only, the truth is, there are fun activities and events year round in this quaint and relaxing town. Real estate in Rehoboth is what we do. Whether you’re looking for a nice summer get-away home, or you are interest in relocating for good, why don’t you give us a call? Our trained agents know the market around Delaware and can find you your dream home close to all the fun – including the Sea Witch Festival! Give us a call today at (302) 584-2548 to get started!