A special weekend is fast approaching with promises of fun and excitement for the whole family! Make memories by bringing your children and loved ones to Rehoboth Beach and Lewes for Independence Day activities. The list is a long one, with plenty of events to choose from!
SATURDAY, JULY 4TH:
- Enjoy an “Old Fashioned 4th of July” with games for children, starting at 9am. It all takes place on Second Street in downtown Lewes. At 2pm, a Boat Parade flows down the Lewes-Rehoboth Canal. It will be a spectacular sight for all to see. The best part? It is completely free to watch the parade. Wrapping it all up at 5pm, the “Doo-Dah Parade” begins at Manilla Drive. With all of these happenings lasting from 9am-6pm, you’re guaranteed a full day with the family. For more information, visit: http://www.leweschamber.com/event/chamber-events/lewes-old-fashioned-4th-july-celebration
- St. Peter’s Episcopal Art Show- This annual art show will begin last from 9am-3pm. Lunch will be provided and the show can be found at St. Peter’s Square, Second and Market Streets. For more information, visit: www.stpeterslewes.org
- It all begins at 10am in Milton Park. After enjoying a picnic completely sponsored by the surrounding community, there will be a bike decorating competition. The grand prize to two lucky winners will be their own brand new bicycle! The cherry on top will be a bicycle parade all hosted by Irish Eyes Pub and Restaurant. Games for children, food vendors and music will carry on throughout the entire day. It’s an event you won’t want to miss!
- What’s the Fourth of July without fireworks? Partake in a good-old American tradition by celebrating our nation’s independence with a spectacular fireworks show! The show will commence at sundown and is said to be visible across the bay from any restaurant or facility in Dewey.
SUNDAY, JULY 5TH:
- At approximately 9:15pm, you will be able to view a colorful display of fireworks from the Rehoboth boardwalk. Due to donations and contributions from Rehoboth citizens and local businesses, this event is entirely free! It’s sure to be a spectacular memory for you, your friends and family!
- If you’d like to avoid the crowded board walk during Rehoboth’s fireworks show, you can opt to be a passenger on the Cape May-Lewes Ferry! For $30 an adult and $15 a child, your family can see the entire display from the water! Check in starts at 5:30pm and the ferry leaves at 7:30pm. For ticketing information, call 1-800-643-3779.
No matter which event you choose to attend, we are sure that you will enjoy time with your family, as we take a weekend to celebrate America’s independence and family. God Bless America!