It is about that time, folks! We are nearing the end of August and before you know it, the summer season will be behind us and we will be smack dab in the middle of fall! Time sure does fly when you are having fun. If it has flown by too fast for you, do not panic! There are still tons of “summery” events happening in Rehoboth through the end of the month and beginning of September. There is still time to grab a few more rays of sunshine and soak up the last minutes of summertime!
- Saturday, August 22nd from 6:30pm until 9:30pm, the Children’s Beach House is hosting their annual BBQ with drinks, entertainment and more! Purchase a ticket at cbhinc.org and help support youth development programs for the children of Delaware. You can’t give to a more worthy cause, and there’s nothing that will let you enjoy the last few days of summer more than a BBQ right on the beach!
- If BBQ isn’t your thing, then try participating in the Great Duck Race which involves a 10 mile Broadkill River Canoe and Kayak race on Broadkill River. After all, what is summertime without experiencing some activities on the water? You can call 302-684-1101 for more information.
- Wednesday, August 26th at 7pm in Milton at the park, enjoy a free summer concert series! It is behind the Milton Public Library and you can call 302.684.1101 for more information. Grab a blanket, your picnic basket and lawn chair to lounge out and enjoy the warm weather while it lasts!
- Thursday, August 27th at dusk you and your family can enjoy an outdoor movie! “The Sound of Music” will show at dusk at 211 Front Street in Lewes. To enjoy the evening is completely free, so grab your favorite snacks and chairs and head over to watch this classic while enjoying the outdoors!
- Wednesday, September 2nd you can enjoy yet another free summer concert in Milton! Smooth Sound will be playing at this event, beginning at 7pm. So you know the drill! Make plans to attend and bring your friends too. Behind the Milton Public Library.